Friday, July 21, 2006

Ain't No Justice In this World

I just got a sucker punch in the gut piece of news!

My life long friend Hank is in the death ward with stage 3 cancer of the stomach.
I can't help thinking, " What dark or evil thing did this man do to deserve such a fate?"
To my knowledge...not a damned thing! Although it is impossible to know everything about another person I can only say that there is nothing in my experience of this loving human that could possibly justify such misery and pain. No justice!

I'll tell you that Hank is as fine tempered a man as any that I have ever met.
His sense of humour as sharp as any while at the same time broad and never offensive.
A physical giant with a gentle nature. Yet from a young age struck with seemingly senseless and certainly life changing injuries. I could share the details but that would not be right. Let's just say that few people would have maintained any love or balance in their life with the pain this man has endured for over thirty years. Faced with adversity Hank got on with life. Struck down with injury that would cripple most men he perservered.

I cannot understand how so much shit can rain on one person. It's as if life just points the finger at someone and says "Man, you're it!"

I wish I could do something...I can't.

13 Comments:

Blogger Mac said...

Be there for him while you can. My sympathy, PGP.

7/22/2006 12:12 a.m.  
Blogger Darcey said...

Crap, that is tough. Just be a friend is all you can do - best

7/22/2006 1:45 p.m.  
Blogger Winston said...

sorry to hear this

7/23/2006 4:14 p.m.  
Blogger Joanne (True Blue) said...

So sorry, PGP. Just like Mac said, be there for him. Sometimes shit happens. We don't know why. If either of you are spiritual, it can be comforting to pray.

7/25/2006 8:26 p.m.  
Blogger Sara said...

damn buddy I'm sorry. my mom lost both breasts to cancer but in the end I still have my mom...

chin up and enjoy the time you have, morn later for now its time to celebrate the time he has left..

7/28/2006 7:53 a.m.  
Blogger Sara said...

ok now I'm lost, why are we mad?

7/28/2006 7:53 a.m.  
Blogger Joanne (True Blue) said...

ok now I'm lost, why are we mad?

Who knows? Zac has some axe to grind.

How are you doing, anyway? I have lost a dear friend and many relatives to cancer. There is no easy way. It is a process.

7/28/2006 6:51 p.m.  
Blogger Sara said...

you are very welcome pgp

7/29/2006 12:41 p.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Thanks all!

Some good news...
Chemo-Therapy is apparently going on.

Prospects unknown yet....
OMMAG

7/30/2006 2:40 p.m.  
Blogger Sara said...

good luck!

7/30/2006 4:55 p.m.  
Blogger Jay said...

You are right. There is no justice in this world. If their were, your friend would not be sick and no body would have AIDS. Unfortunately for AIDS victims and your friend their are people who would say things such as

"Where do these people get the idea that Mainstream Canadians support this neverending freakshow of special interest groups?" when referring to conferences on diseases.

Or this "Harper is absolutely right to steer clear of the anti-conservative and anti-mainstream activists who are lining up to DEMAND that Canadian citizens provide financial support to their pet causes."

I can only hope that some "Cancer" special Interest group gets support for its "pet project" will find a cure for your friend before you have them all banned.


BTW: I do sincerely hope your friend is able to find peace with little pain and misery. But you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself.

8/15/2006 1:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like he won't make it to the next election!

One less Tory voter!

8/15/2006 10:18 p.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Dear Jay,

No special interest group is going create a cure for cancer or anything else for that matter. Legitimate funding channels are what fuels real research. The opportunistic media hounds and their flavour of the month cause will change with the wind blowing through the empty heads of people like you.

Your childish attempt to one-up my comments on Jo-annes blog are a disgrace.
You are a complete ass.

OMMAG

8/21/2006 11:24 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home