Friday, September 22, 2006

An Example of Polar Opposites - Natives and Aboriginals Eh?

On the One hand we have : Chief Clarence Louie of the Osoyoos Band from BC.
Some Quotes:

* “I can’t stand people who are late.”

* “Indian Time doesn’t cut it.”

* “My first rule for success is ‘Show up on time.’ My No. 2 rule for success is follow Rule No. 1.”

* “If your life sucks, it’s because you suck.”

* “Quit your sniffling.”

* “Join the real world — go to school or get a job.”

* “Get off of welfare. Get off your butt.”

* “People often say to me, ‘How you doin’?’ Geez — I’m working with Indians — what do you think?”


On The Other Hand we have: Janie Jamieson "Spokesperson" for the Six Nations Band protestors in Caledonia ON.

Some Quotes:

* In regard to the illegally occupied homes on the crown land in Caledonia ON :
"The option is to tear them down or to finish them." If we have that opportunity to finish them so our people won't have to sleep in snowbanks, I'd really like to see that."
* People have quit their jobs and dedicated the last six months to the occupation and they will continue to do so until the land is returned to Six Nations - even if it means staying there throughout the winter."

Oh yeah and they are asking for donations to sustain them over the cold winter months!


Can you say DICHOTOMY?
Thanks to Darcey at "The Broom"

OMMAG

Link

2 Comments:

Blogger Somena Woman said...

Interesting that you are calling me a "cow" on DMB. Have you ever actually read any of my articles about Aboriginal Affairs. Here. Let me give you a few links so you can read for yourself first hand, and then make up your own mind about where I stand on the issue of Poverty Pimping in the evils of government funding and the destruction of Aboriginal people via the Department Of Indian Affairs...

http://somenamedia.blogspot.com/2005/12/who-knows-where-money-is-going-feb.html

http://somenamedia.blogspot.com/2001/01/financial-post-jan-5-2001-our-own.html

http://somenamedia.blogspot.com/2001/02/financial-post-feb-23-2001-first.html

http://somenamedia.blogspot.com/2001/03/cvc-march-21-2001-welcome-to-agm-or.html

http://somenamedia.blogspot.com/2001/07/cvc-jul-4-2001-nault-listening-with.html

http://somenamedia.blogspot.com/2002/04/apr-21-2002-winnipeg-free-press-yo.html

http://somenamedia.blogspot.com/2003/04/apr-23-2003-treaty-negotiations-half.html

http://somenamedia.blogspot.com/2003/02/get-your-jean-chretien-indian-act-sock.html

Feel free to get back to me, if you have any substantial argument with what I have written above, and have anything to say that isn't based on ad-hom smears attacks and fallacies by the usual suspects of the CanCon blogoverse, who simply don't like an uppity Indian woman who doesn't follow the "herd" and toe the Conservative party line.

I have been a laissez-fair capitalist for over a decade. I authored a working paper on developing an actual Free-Trade Laissez-Fair zone, (similar to the Jebal Ali Free Zone, Bahamian Free Port, or Singapore, or HongKong, right here in Canada, on Aboriginal Lands as an out-of-the-box solution to solving some of the economic problems that Indigenous people face, and at the same time assisting non-aboriginal people get badly needed tax-breaks. My proposal suggests that in exchange for being allowed economic freedom, our Nation would give up any and ALL government funding.

Yes... indeed, I am some sort of communist, poverty pimp, left-wing "sacred cow".

Thanks so much for proving Edmund Spencer's famous quip "There is a principle which is a bar against all knowledge, which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is *contempt, prior to investigation".

Tell me sir, how many times have you read "Human Action" by Ludwig Von Mises. What are, do you think the essential differences between the Chicago school of Economics and the Austrian School of Economics?

Do you even know what I am talking about here?

And yet, you are the "conservative" -- and according to your "friends" in the blogworld, I am the communist, or the "leftist".

It's a funny funny world this blog-place.

9/26/2006 12:08 p.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

I said 'Sacred Cow' !
You should understand that.

As for my reading habits I seriously doubt that you would come close to the breadth of my own.

The mere fact that you chose to make this attempt to impress through the citing of a couple of authors speaks volumes about your own credibility.

I suspect that your intellectual pursuits are anything but the result of an honest curiosity and have much more to do with a pathological need to justify yourself.

Unless you have something substantial to say about my postings here, please feel free to go suck your thumb.

9/26/2006 9:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home