Thursday, August 30, 2007

Yep That's Me! Neo Con

From Wikipedia !!


The term Neocon is being bandied about quite loosely these days!

I got called that a little while ago by someone who didn't quite have the guts to say it to my face but rather chose to use the term as an epithet while talking behind my back to a mutual acquaintance ..... they shouldn't have been so worried about it! I'd admit to the fact that I meet the definition of neocon.

But I guess the fact that these people who believe it to be an ultimate sort of slur are too ingrained in their own self righteousness to understand that the foundations of neo-conservatism lie in very real and undistorted understanding of the ultimate futility and falseness of modern Liberalism.

In most cases it seems that those who use the NeoCon label as an epithet don't even know what it means! Other than that someone who opposes their POV might be one and is dangerous to their sense of self importance.

Irony Irony Irony ..... that the self described "Progressive" is really at heart a self loving chicken heart who always believes their self to hold the moral high ground regardless of the falseness of their assumptions and the hypocrisy of their own behaviour!

Yep! Go ahead and call me a NEOCON only next time say it to my face!

BTW - In order to actually be a "Neo - Conservative" I think I would have had to be a Liberal first and in the early post WWII years of 1945 to 1953 or there about ..... subsequently having an awakening to the reality of the utter fallaciousness of modern liberalism and it's adherents!

As it is the more accurate term would be "Post Neocon" or possibly "Post Modern Conservative" !

In any case it really does not matter because since I am NOT a Liberal I feel absolutely NO need rely on such labels to define myself.


OMMAG

Labels:

Link

2 Comments:

Blogger lumberjack said...

Me, I'm a paleocon. Pretty much, it's the same as neocon except we get to hunt mastodons.

8/30/2007 10:42 a.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Mmmmmm....
Mastodon! :)

8/30/2007 11:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home