Monday, May 11, 2009

It Can Be Good To Look Back Sometimes

Although I am prone to the outlook, that it's good to understand the past, to be aware of the present and to keep your eyes on the horizon ... sometimes going back and digging around your old days can be very rewarding.

My exercise in reminiscing over the past weekend turned out to be one of the best experiences of my years. When I was in high school I never really thought much about what I would take away in terms of relationships or memories. The good times were pretty good I thought and there really wasn't much in the way of negative experiences. So let it be and move on.

In fact those years were pretty much one big party with periods of low key fun punctuated by episodes of manic hilarity. So that was that and move on.


Now grind forward about 37 years ... going back for my high schools 75 anniversary ... I held some hope of... maybe ... seeing a few old faces and mostly the same ones I've kept in touch with over the years.

Well it turned out to be a much bigger thing than I had anticipated with over 1100 alumni (and teachers too) registered and it looked like most of them showed up in addition to quite a few more who just showed up. One thing leads to another and each contact to several more ... truly amazing what can transpire in just a few hours out of a weekend! With literally hundreds of people that share some past memories and only about 12 hours to cover it all ... well let's just say I'm a little gravelly in the throat now.

As soon as I get my camera sorted out there'll be pictures for all ..... some cool stuff I think.

But ... best of all I learned that some folks I never thought I would see again are alive and well and prospering. Even news that one of my teachers is still kicking around ... galavanting around the world it seems... This Really Made My Day:
Wolfspoet ....

Here's looking to the future ... without forgetting the past ... keeping alive some of those great memories.


OMMAG

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home