Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Letterman funny?

Not for many many years.

I recall one of his studio audience participation numbers back in the last century.
It went smooth and according to the program as he roamed the audience getting them to introduce themselves so he could mock them.

Came around to a youngish looking guy who replied "F@ck you grandpa!"

Even if Letterman had staged it the fact that it rang so true was enough to make it very clear that I completely agreed with the young guy's retort.

And I never watched Letterman again.

Are we lumberjacks?


OMMAG

Labels: , ,

Link

2 Comments:

Blogger lumberjack said...

You know I never did much watch him beyond maybe stopping at the channel if his top ten list was on as I surfed by.

My parents couldn't stand him though... said his humor was mean spirited. I guess they were years ahead of me there.

6/10/2009 11:59 p.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

There's a part of me that used to find his wiseass, smirking mockery amusing. And yes the top 10 was usually a good laugh.. of course he never had anything to do with writing the Top 10.

Mean Spirited? Is that just a nice way of saying "prick" ?

6/11/2009 8:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home