Monday, June 22, 2009

Once In A Few Years ...

I get sick.

Not just snot blowing or allergy miserable sick ... but head pounding mule kick to the back of the neck sick.

It started on friday this time .................a back of the throat sinus tickle that produced an intermittent cough that would not be stopped.

Saturday was a teaser with everything seeming to clear.

Then ............. Sunday 4 A.M. the rude awakening.

Said mule caressed my cranium and I was taken by a fit of coughing that would allow no air into my lungs due to the windpipe being swollen shut with inflammation from the toxic products of my sinuses.
Some time spent with my head under a hot shower loosened things up enough to ingest some suitable meds.. and I made it through the morning.Further medication and a day spent on the couch got me to bedtime. Only to repeat the process this morning.
Had to phone in sick ... which I hate to do just on general principles.

Good thing the US Open held the final round this morning otherwise I'd have Had to watch daytime TV of some sort. Too bad it didn't start till sometime after 8am.

BTW ever seen a 1955 movie titled The Sniper?

The gist of the story is that a mamma hating girly man can only relieve his pent up hostility by killing women. A semi gripping psycho-thriller that holds up pretty well until the police psychologist starts lecturing the SF cops about his thought that "If Only" the disturbed (twisted MF) boy had gotten the correct medical attention as a youth he would be AOK and a few dozen women would still be alive.

Personally I was hoping the cops would punch the doc out and shoot the crap out of the Moffo girly man sniper.

In Sickness and in Health...

OMMAG

BTW - Guess which park that is right across the street chose today to bring in the monster lawnmowers with the diesel tractors? ....... for two and a half hours!!!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger talnik said...

SWINE FLU!!!!!
Get well soon

6/22/2009 5:19 p.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

thanks I haven't heard from the WHO yet.

6/22/2009 5:53 p.m.  
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

FEEL BETTER HUN!

6/22/2009 10:32 p.m.  
Blogger talnik said...

I didn't know you were German

6/23/2009 5:54 a.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Thanks Angel .....

Already am ...

Tal.. irony.

6/23/2009 4:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home