Monday, June 21, 2010

A Father's Day Beer

Well lucky me! I was fortunate enough to have this treat brought to me last week and now double lucky because my visiting relatives were satisfied before it got down to the very special....



Abbey de St. Martin kerstbier

Not something you'd expect to come your way in June .... but that's how things work when you live in the beer wastelands of the prairies.

In spite of what you may have heard or read about this beer ... It really is something special.


The bottle I opened just about exploded with deep caramel froth ( I might show you the pool on my countertop some time) .....

The pour was lively even though being chilled and the body in the happy glass was deep amber topped by healthy head that settled down to just a 1/4 inch or so.

The nose consists of fragrances complex and strong.... ginger, cardamom, caraway, cloves, juniper, dried fruit ... minced meat. The aroma sets off taste alarms in flavour town that cannot be silenced.

The flavour is just like the aroma ... except the bake shop sweets and caramel malts come over the top and the herbs and spices just clean the palate for the next mouthful.

Given the right circumstances and the time to enjoy it .... St. Martin cuvee de noel really is something special.

Cheers!

Truth! Beer = Civilization (Scroll down on the new page....)
OMMAG

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

glad u had a nice daddys day my friend..u deserve it!

6/21/2010 8:53 p.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Hiya Angel .... making the world a better place one fine beer at a time!

6/21/2010 8:54 p.m.  
Blogger Glenn Mark Cassel said...

Rub it in why don'tcha! That brew looks outstanding. I could almost smell it!
Gotta let Buck at Exile in Portales in on your beer stuff. I think you two would hit it off!
I am currently enjoying a Fat Tire Amber Ale. New Belgium Brewery out of Fort Collins, Colorado.

7/05/2010 11:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home