Two Steps Forward ...
A few weeks ago we got our little Honda project over one of the humps in a rebuild... the frame and running gear were assembled and dry fitted for a little gander at how things lined up.
As luck would have it, we found a guy who was parting out a C100 and had a front fork assembly he claimed to be in good shape and mostly rust free.
Turns out that bike he was dismantling for parts must have been ditched in a pond or mud pit or manure pile. The bottom end of the forks was packed solid with some kind of crap that took 20 minutes of pressure washing to get off ... followed by a couple more hours of wire brush and scraping. The funny thing is it turned out that the parts ... once cleaned ... were actually in pretty good shape. So ... stay tuned and well have (with luck) the refreshed and refinished parts back together.
On the other major part of this restoration project ... the engine is now going back together.