Conspiracy Theories - JFK
Whether driven by obsessive fears and insecurities or by malevolent hatred or by grudge mongering psychopathy, the common thread among all who invent or latch onto and promote such themes reveals an underlying disconnection from reality.
Revisionism is often the tool of choice for those who dwell in and on the fantastic, the utopian and the "just plain nutz" and nowhere is it propagated more widely than on the matter of the JFK murder.
I found a well articulated essay on this topic by Daniel Greenfield also know as ...
Sometimes a conspiracy theory exposes a conspiracy. Sometimes the conspiracy theory is the conspiracy.
- Conspiracy theories ordinarily remain on the margins. The JFK theories were too important to the liberals who were really running things to allow them to die out.
- The 50th anniversary of the Kennedy assassination brings with it the usual weighty tomes, speculative articles and nostalgic reminiscing by liberal baby boomers about the utopia that might have been.
- For the Kennedy martyrdom to have deep spiritual meaning, it had to have come at the hands of those who represented everything that opposed the values of the Cult of Camelot.
- The directions in which the JFK conspiracy theories point reveal what they are trying to hide.
- John F. Kennedy was not murdered by a miasma of hatred on the right, but on the left.
- Before liberals became leftists, leftists had a propensity for killing liberals. And Lee Harvey Oswald was as far to the left as you could go.
- The piles of conspiracy theories shove him to the side as an excessively convenient killer. But Lee Harvey Oswald was part of a continuum of left-wing terror in America.
- The murder of JFK was a bridge between the explosions of violence in the twenties by anarchists and by the Weathermen in the seventies.
- Oswald was part of the leading edge of left-wing violence in America.
- It’s much safer to talk about magic bullets, than magical thinking ideologies that promise that a workers’ paradise is only a bomb away.
Labels: Know Your Enemy