Friday, October 26, 2007

Just Because It's Friday!

A smile like that cuts through the Autumn damp and cold.




















I'm in the mood for some Russ Meyer Genius!


Break out the Vixens...
Free the Super Vixens...
Release the gratuitous Boobies!
















Beer and The Dangers of Experimentation:
Something new .... Prohibition Ale from Speakeasy Ales & Lagers of San Fransisco.
The Website

Pretty cool of Mrs. OMMAG to pick me up a little something to try!

A spiffy Art Deco styled silk screened design on the bottle looks really cool but does not necessarily bode well for the contents. However an open mind is necessary to I take the Zen approach to sampling this item....
The top pops with a pleasant little exclamation that piques my interest.

I let the contents pour gently into my tulip glass and the surprising deep amber colour lights up with an almost reddish glow. A short froth that settles out and barely leaves a trace on the glass is briefly the focus of my attention and then it's time to move in.

As I indulge the olfactory senses I am treated to the second very pleasant surprise! This ale has something really different going for it... an enticing citrus flower perfume with an undertone of brown sugar or molasses that sets the mouth watering. Now perhaps it is the anticipation that this wonderful aroma sets up or perhaps not but the next sensation goes completely wrong in my estimation.... the drink is bitter on the tongue and leaves the mouth dry with metallic sensation.

Now just to be clear I am only taking tentative sips at this point ..... and it's not going much further than this either. After spending 15 minutes letting the liquid pass through my mouth in repeated samplings the only thing that remains pleasant is that floral scent.

There's an uneasy gassy reaction in my gut and considering the very little amount consumed and it's inherent lack of zest this can only mean one thing...... this liquid is poisonous!

Now it may be that I just got a bad bottle ..... maybe oxidized .....BUT I've seen some spoiled beers in my life and none of them were that clean in the glass or that fresh smelling.

Get another opinion if you want ....... I won't be finishing the 12oz I've just poured.
I'm also getting a headache......

Damned shame too after such a nice start .... and I hate disappointing Mrs. OMMAG!

Other Opinions :

Lagerheads

Beer Advocate

Ratebeer


Other things for the weekend....

Friday Night Blues & Beer will be hosted from the remote studios under the National Disaster Recovery Plan.... check out Mitchieville
Or so I thought ..... I have been duped ..... Beware the Mitchieville lords .... they are devious and cruel!

Dust My Broom has taken a hit from some vandals is currently Off Line....




















So to the hackers ...... TAKE THAT! Turds....

OMMAG

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Reg said...

Come visit Mitchieville around 5 pm tonight for some FNB&B, OMMAG.

10/26/2007 12:36 p.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Sounds like a plan... thanks for stepping up!

10/26/2007 2:57 p.m.  
Blogger lumberjack said...

Next time I need a cheerleader, that girl's at the top of the list.

10/26/2007 5:42 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers to Darcey! A Raspberry to the evil Mitchieville crew. Couldn't the Mayor have stepped up and put a end to this cruel play!?

Lumberjack - where is your significant other?

Is Bob dancing?

What beer is Darcey drinking tonite?

Why is my computer not pounding out blues!?!

Expiring minds want to know.

-Larry

10/26/2007 10:57 p.m.  
Blogger Lost Johnny said...

I just watched A New World, live action Pocahontas. God that was horrible, my eyes are bleeding. Oh well, there's always more rum.

Free tommorrow evening OMMAG?

We can begin raising the empire....

10/26/2007 11:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home