Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday's Beer !

From Calgary's Big Rock Brewery Honey Brown Lager



This is new beer for me from Big Rock!

Honey pours a very nice clear and deep golden amber with a nice head of cream to top her off.
The froth settles out into a lacy remnant after just a few minutes and there is a steady effervescence in the glass.
The nose is grassy and a bit citrus with an underlying warm malt aroma.

A sample from the glass feels smooth and clean on the palate with a sweet and crisp taste.
The flavor is not as strong as a lot of beers I've been trying but with an understated yet well balanced blend of hops and malt plus the touch of honey in the mix.

She leaves you refreshed and pleasantly anticipating another taste.

I recommend this beer for hot summer evenings on the patio or at the cabin.


Thanks Big Rock I love your Honey Brown!

Something different tonight over with the Broomers.......
Dust My Broom dot com Has BEER BLUES and Pretty boy Parrots! Go see.....

Cheers!

OMMAG

Labels: , ,

Link

3 Comments:

Blogger The Mayor said...

Elsa would drink a Honey Brown...and that's good enough for me.

6/06/2008 3:21 p.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Me too!

6/06/2008 4:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty boy. Hey, smell my parrot feet.

-Larry

6/06/2008 11:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home