Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Probably My Only Olympics Post for 2008 Bejing Event

It is because of exactly THIS .... kind of BS that I have not watched the Bejing Olympics.

Video Please try to ignore the ignoramus CBC announcer. His expert is the one to listen to.

That's Ivett Gonda in red nailing Hanna Zajc in the breadbasket! That's ONE point!

I am pained that I had to go to CBC for this ... but they are the ones covering the Games!
Taekwondo Farce ....

Surprise! Surprise! A Chinese Judge is involved ...

"Chinese judge Lei Zhao may have not been giving Gonda the points she deserved because she would have faced a Chinese athlete in the next round."

Bite ME you venal POS !

But ... why should we be surprised? The Olympics is rife with corruption and proven to be from the IOC down to the lowest levels of event management. Not just in China either because we've seen this kind of crap at EVERY Olympic event that involves judging for the last four decades at least.

Now I've been involved in martial arts including Karate, Kung fu, Jui Jitsu and Taekwondo.
I have boxed, wrestled and just plain brawled. I've tried out and competed in most contact sports and I damned well know when I see a punch or kick landed.

For the record our competitor Ivett Gonda landed at least 5 points in the 1st round, 6 or 7 in the 2nd round and 5 more sure hits in the 3rd round. NONE of these were recorded or awarded to her!

The Swede Hanna Zajc got her ASS KICKED in every round and was awarded points in 2 out of three while the Canadian competitor got nothing. One of the first round kicks left a visible bruise on Zajc's left cheek and the ref was checking her eye for injury.

The only reason I'm even aware of this is because it's a Canadian involved .... this is the entire sum of the Olympics that I have watched outside of some faceless BMXers leaping whoops on a man made course.... and what happens? Just like I'm reporting it..... the Chinese put the FIX in for their athlete ... because the visitor had a superior entry.

They knew it and they cheated and the world knows it.

I sure hope someone is keeping score on the Chinese over the course of this 2008 event.

BTW - There are 4 judges in the corners and that means that at least three and likely ALL of them were ignoring Gonda's scoring.... and that means Payoffs and Corruption.

More on the incident:
When Ivett Gonda nails a headshot, she knows it because she can feel her opponent's face on her foot.

Damned Right !


OMMAG

Labels: , ,

Link

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched the match. What a piss off.
Ivett Gonda fought a great match and clearly won.
-Larry

8/20/2008 11:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree, she totally owned her opponent, I counted at least 3 drop kicks that scored.

What a shame

8/20/2008 11:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home