Saturday, September 20, 2008

CBC and Protestors Mob Trevor Kennerd Campaign Office

Things You Walk Into Without a Camera!

Upon my arrival at the Trevor Kennerd Campaign office today what should I find but a small gathering of the unkempt activist protestor sort all set up to show their deep concern for US military AWOL about to be deported back to the US to face his consequences.

No Camera ! Drat.

Well apparently they were all set to go at 08:00 this morning and basically ambushed the campaign volunteers when they arrived at 10:00 to open up.
Apparently .... taking the time to find out what the office hours are is too much of a task for protestor types.

CBC news of course was there johnny on the spot to capture any action that might ensue... I'm hoping they got film of the jokers pushing their way into the office and intimidating the ladies who volunteer there.

One fellow came all prepared with cardboard cartons festooned with pictures and notes... and squatted in the office and refused to leave. The outside squad had a banner to wave and about five or six foks to squack the usual anti US anti war and anti-establishment slogans. And one or two armed with cameras and video cams to record the drama.

We had a CBC type surreptitiously walking about inside the office with a voice recorder .... hovering around campaign volunteers hoping to catch some snippet of conversation to be used... one might guess at a later time to engage in some typical CBC type scandal mongering.

Sometime around 13:00 a few party guys showed up to inform the clowns that :

a- Trevor Kennerd is not even an elected MP
b- There is an MP in the riding and she's a LIberal named Anita Neville and that's where you should be protesting.
c- You are trespassing.

Well the folks at the campaign office graciously allowed the principals to stay and the main part of the group faded away after a while. I had a conversation with what seemed to be the point man. An articulate guy with the usual activist accoutraments who wanted to discuss democracy and justice and non-partisan activism etc. All well and good until we got to the point where he felt obliged to enter the lefty dogma world of US illegality, military corruption and injustice and blah blah blah .... time to walk away. More blah blah in the background ... blah blah no conscience .. blah blah injustice ...blah......

Someone in the office planted a Support Our Troops yellow ribbon poster in the office window and our intrepid activist showed up again a while later to get photos.

Stay tuned for updates on what transpired after 16:30 when I left.

OMMAG

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Raging Ranter said...

That's my old riding. I volunteered for Conservative candidate Raj Joshi in 2004. Wish I was there now.

9/20/2008 11:58 PM  
Blogger Raging Ranter said...

How are Kennard's chances looking in Winnipeg South Centre anyway? I remember scrutineering at a polling booth on Academy Road in 2004, and Lloyd Axworthy walked in to vote. The entire place lit up and people practically jumped out of their seats to shake his hand. That's when I had one of those, "Yep, we're f****d" moments. Later, when we counted the ballots, Neville had nearly a two-to-one edge over Raj Joshi. The final riding count wasn't that bad, but we still weren't close.

9/21/2008 12:13 AM  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Actually ... Raj dropped in a week ago to say hi ...
I am quietly optimistic that Trevor can win this riding ... he's well known well liked and as far as I can tell Neville is just about invisible as a representative to her constituents.

9/21/2008 5:05 PM  
Blogger Raging Ranter said...

I'm glad to hear that.

9/21/2008 6:46 PM  
Blogger Lost Johnny said...

Invisible except to all the looneys with her signs on their lawns on the east side of Pembina Highway.

I wonder if they really understand what they are supporting? I always thought that area was full of granola munching pinheads.

btw, saw yer boys out werking my area on my way home tonight....

9/22/2008 8:31 PM  
Blogger OMMAG said...

It's the A-B-C's of politics ... the stuck on stupid set never get past it Sesame Street caricatures....

9/22/2008 9:41 PM  
Blogger marginalizedactiondinosaur said...

did any of them have my Jacket?

I wonder if they really understand what they are supporting? I always thought that area was full of granola munching pinheads.

I think you're stereotyping, I only have granola if I can't find a decent steak.

9/25/2008 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home