Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday's Beer !

Say hello to Ephemere Black Currant .......


Love the bottle eh?

Well ... this beer was one of the Christmas Holiday collection I picked out.

Shared this with a couple of friends and we had a pretty common experience .. a day before New Years Eve.

Surprise on the pour ... Pink Head!



Nice and crisp but she played out fairly soon.
The body in the glass was a good looking amber and slightly cloudy but very active with bubbles.

The aroma came across with (no surprise) strong fruits and quite plainly that spicy currant tinge. Othe parts of the nose were tart hops and some malt.

The mouth feel was not one thing or another ... just a bit acidic and thinly effervescent. Sort of fruit wine or cider like.

The flavour was pretty much just like the nose advertised ... it is pleasant and out of the ordinary with a relatively clean finish.

Overall an OK beverage for a change of pace ... occasional ... just because sort of thing.
Not really in my book of favorites ... nevertheless... I'd buy a couple more to share.

I think Jeff liked it but he was really looking for a hop monster... more on that later.
Other Opinions....



Cheers!
OMMAG

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger cherenkov said...

I noticed that the LC had a Unibroue variety pack. I might go pick one up next time I'm there...

1/16/2010 1:08 a.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

I've tried a few .... most are not very impressive ... but some are at least making the effort to be.

This one is OK ... but very much a matter of time and place IMO.

I think as an appetizer...?

1/17/2010 1:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home