Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Safe InThe Arms of Our Zero Choices Medical System

Phee-yoo-ee! :O

Greg House was not in last night... and neither were any of his crew.

Just as well ... because the simple things are sometimes just what is needed.

Winnipeg First Responders were capable and efficient and ready with the real painkillers. I was lucky enough to get a few shots of fentanyl under the tongue and a narco-drip. Once in the EM ward... I got handled pdq .... and a new narcotic was deliverd.

Three cheers for the Winnipeg EMTs and firemen.

Morning brought in the day shift ... and the bureaucrat with a Md. on his name tag .... I suppose that it's not really his fault that policies say "Go back to your GP and tell him what happened."

Too bad the hospital refused to do any follow-up tests.... they could have ... I was already in the hospital .... but no ..... it's back into the queue to find out just what the hell happened!

Instead We get to involve a lot of other bureaucrats and doctors and spend three times the money.

I think maybe it is time for some health care tourism.

OMMAG

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lost Johnny said...

dude, wtf?

2/25/2010 8:34 a.m.  
Blogger talnik said...

Come down here and get your health care while you can! I'm trying to get sick so I can get better before it gets worse and I couldn't if I tried to get good or better but wouldn't or else not. Ever!

2/25/2010 9:04 a.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Not dead .... apparently no answer to what happened.... might have been helpfull if they'd not quit doing tests once it became apparent I was not about to drop dead.

Felt like I had one of those ALIENs nymphs inside .... come to think of it ... I was unconscious for a while at the hospital........

2/26/2010 7:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home