Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Lowest Common Denominator


Sheeesh......

I had a little time to kill after work today and since I was doing it at home .... decided to watch a little television news.

Yeah.... I know..... but I just forgot exactly what it was like to get information from the idiot box.

So? I might as well share what I learned ....

First - I watched a supper hour news piece from our "local" CTV crew. You know .... the people who play such an important part in our lives that we're supposed to happily pay yet another tax to subsidize them? Sure........... The kind of quality news reporting that allows the teleprompter reading guy to say with a perfectly straight face that the budget ...dropped by the Manitoba NDP government today was the "First" deficit budget they've produced since taking charge of this province in 1999.

Awesome! Who knew?

Second - Due to the arrival of that great force of evil Ann Coulter in Ottawa ..... I got to watch yet another genius prove how invaluable the network news is to all Canadians. Words fail .....
Such an intelligent and thoughtfully piercing interview could only have happened on a network like CTV.... eh?


Third - With all the fallout from the weekend "Great Leap Forward" attained by the US Democrats I thought CNN might have something thoughtful or educational to offer.... and sure enough .... I learned that the GOP is not done trying to undermine the will of the people. The people I guess being 219 Democrats in the US congress.... that and the leadership of various unions and a number of activist groups that few Americans actually know anything about.


OMMAG

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

dont ya just love mass media!

3/24/2010 3:35 p.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Ohhh Angel .... if only you knew the background on these ones.

3/24/2010 5:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home