Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Spammers and Scammers

No I did not....... But that doesn't seem to stop these crooks from abusing Workopolis.


Dear candidate You are receiving this e-mail because you have applied for the job ad we had on Workopolis.com I am sorry if we've sent you this e-mail before , but our e-mail hosting system was down and we were unable to receive any e-mails so we are re-sending this in order to retrieve the lost messages we might have received during the time our server was down. If you don't remember the job details , please visit the following url : http://intelligentbusiness.biz/Documents/job_ad_canada.html This job is fit for people that are looking for extra-income solutions and that have at least 3-4 hours of daily free time. The main requirement is to own a Royal Bank Account (or an account with any other Canadian Bank) . The reason we work with wire transfers is that the money will clear upon arrival in employee's bank account, unlike checks or other payment methods. Kindly , let us know which of the following is the requirement you want to apply for : - Existing Royal Bank of Canada Account - Chequing account with another bank , except RBC - Credit card ( everyone can apply for this one , and it's the most profitable of them all ) As soon as you'll let us know what requirement you wanna apply for , we'll send you the contract and you can start receiving payments tomorrow. Your duties as our employee will be to receive payments / investments in your bank account and, once the money are clear, forward them by Western Union to our main office in London.Your 10% commission are to be deducted from the amount sent in your account, and the Western Union fees must be deducted from the remaining 90%. Depending on the amount of time available for this job, you might process several transactions per day, boosting your income. The next step is signing the employment agreement ( contract ). If you want to apply for this job, please reply to this e-mail and let us know which requirement you're choosing , and we will send you the contract and the form you need to complete in order to become our employee. Thank you anticipated and looking forward to work with you, Nigel Osborne Intelligent Business LTD Recruiter Recruiting Officer

Got news for you Nigel ... you've been reported to Workopolis as a fraud.


OMMAG

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Vertical said...

i got the same posting sent to me today as well......how do you know this is a fraud? What do you know about this? D

10/06/2010 7:41 PM  
Blogger marleen said...

Are you seriously asking how you know it is fraud????? When you recieve a message requesting the use of your credit card and or bank account information, it typically, in almost all instances, is set up for identity theft and merely a ploy to rob you blind. Never ever ever accept a job offer like this. Warning sign number 1, the website is under contruction, #2 logic, what company in canada would request you to launder money through your private account and then send it to the UK. IF you fall for this you probably deserve the lesson.

I also recieved this message, shockingly this idiot believes he will pull the wool over the eyes of many, Im sure. Just use your head!

10/08/2010 12:35 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

I received one of those letters as well in my spam folder, where it will stay and rot.Just to good to be true.

10/21/2010 5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home