Saturday, July 02, 2011

Unravelling the Mysteries .... Ancient Beer Recipes

Update .... Last week I got a tip on ancient beer ............  this week I've been busy looking for more info on the matter......  stay tuned!
Check out Dogfish Head Brewery who will ... I hope be offering some product based on the ancient recipes!




While I was out for the weekend I received a nice tip from the creatively named fellow ... ambisinistral...who frequently contributes to one of my favorite blogs Flares Into Darkness .

Well  Ambi found something near and dear to my heart .... the topic of beer.... and a very interesting article on research being done into ancient beer production. Published in the scientific inteerest journal The Smithonian .... the article talks about the research of one Dr. Patrick McGovern ... who studies archaeological sites for evidence of brewing then takes samples tp the lab for analysis.

So far they've come up with some very old stuff ... and puzzled out some possible recipes.

The best part .... they are working with a brewmaster to reproduce the historical brews.
I'll definitely be looking deeper into this.....
From io9 Blog .............

Thanks again  Mr. Ambisinistral


OMMAG

Labels: , , ,

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home