The Thing About Pathological Liars ...
From "Black and Right" :
Kinda’ speechless here…
First of all, I didn’t set a red line. The world set a red line. So when I said that my calculus would be altered by chemical weapons, which the overall consensus of humanity says is wrong – that’s not something I just made up. I didn’t pluck it out of thin air. My credibility isn’t on the line. The international community’s credibility is on the line.2012: Barack Obama ‘red line’ warning over chemical weapons in Syria
— President Barack Obama
As usual, we all heard it wrong and it’s OUR fault.
The behaviour of a narcissist is entirely predictable and Obama proves the point every day.
- Facile and glib, especially while acting out their internal fantasies (convinced and convincing liars)
- Grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
- Preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
- Belief that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
- Requires excessive admiration
- Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
- Exploitative, takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
- Lacking empathy, unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
- Projects the fears, insecurities and prejudices they are subject to on all others
- Incapable of accepting responsibility for failures or recognizing their own shortcomings
- Ingrained envy of others and belief that others hold them in envious regard
- Displays arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
- Incapable of holding or showing respect to others other than as a means to gain approval