The Best Way to Spend a Week of Winter
Some thoughts on a trip to the Gulf Coast:
- The worst day on the Gulf is better than any day in -30 degree Winnipeg.
- Waking up to 60 F still means you can have coffee on the deck in your PJs.
- A day of 80 F weather means you're in the right place at the right time.
- A walk on the beach is better for your soul than anything else I know.
- A nap on a deck chair in the sun is a close second to walk on the beach.
- Fresh seafood alone makes the trip worthwhile.
- Cruising the gulf boulevard in a convertible is the best.
- It's hard to find food that is not fried, extremely heavy or a salad in Florida. You may as well give in.
- There are lots of really stupid drivers in Florida .... many may be from other places, but the number of FL plates involved in the seemingly non-stop display of traffic incidents and close calls is staggering,
- The political ads are unbelievably insulting, A special election is underway for a congressional seat. The Democrat ads consist of nothing but hysterical fear mongering and lies. According to Democrats ... stating facts (by Republicans) amounts to slander. However, blatant false claims (by Democrats) amounts to fair and honest criticism. The reek of desperation is thick.
- Local TV people in Florida are as dumb as they come!
- The good thing is that the TV has an off switch and the Gulf is just outside. Fuck politics.