Monday, December 17, 2007

We Told You So!

David Warren expresses exactly what I've been thinking since back in the 80's.

From the Sunday Spectator, Hurtin Read the Article!!

When the self proclaimed arbitors of political correctness were busy telling us all that we NEEDED special institutions to protect our civil rights I said "We have laws already".

When they said those laws were not enough and we NEEDED special commissions to help protect us from ourselves I said "If there is a good reason to create new laws it is the responsibility of the elected government to do this".

When they said that wasn't good enough I said " Who the hell are you to decide whether or not our institutions were good enough?".

When they went ahead and did this anyway I said "This is the thin edge of the wedge in terms of having a bunch of self righteous busybodies dictating how we will live!".

I was RIGHT.

OMMAG

H/T to Kate and Reader Tips at SDA

Labels: , ,

Link

2 Comments:

Blogger Lost Johnny said...

Wow. That was brilliant!

12/17/2007 5:25 p.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Yeah David Warren really hit that nail on the head!

I always felt it was kind of obvious... whenever the lefty social activists start moaning about something I know that what they want to change is what needs to be protected.

Stay tuned as the activists are now wailing about the elimination of "Court Challenges" program!

12/17/2007 6:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home