Friday, January 09, 2009

Friday Night Blues & Beer

A new addition to the music room ... the Basement of Blues now has a solid foundation in the body of my new Ibanez Ergodyne bass.

She's got active Seymor Duncan pickups and a real thin neck for the small hand amateur player like me.

She has a Nice solid wood body with gorgeous curves all the way around.

I've got to develop some finger pickin string snappin and funk slappin chops for this new instrument while I feel my way around the fret board.

Already getting a whole new set of calluses after only a couple of hours.



And since I'm all into the this new babe there's no time to present a new beer for today. Instead I'll hand you all over to Darcey at Dust My Broom for the 141'st edition of Friday Night Blues and Beer!

So cheers! And let's have some fun......





OMMAG

Labels: , , , ,

Link

10 Comments:

Blogger Lost Johnny said...

for you pal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jvl8rs95pU&feature=related

1/09/2009 7:49 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil I take it you're pleased with the beer pack?

I gots more???

1/09/2009 7:56 p.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Thanks a million guys.


Redux I owe you big time for that selection of quaffables. You embarrass me with your generaosity!

Hold off sending any more until I can get you those new HP's that are supposed to be in the works!!

1/09/2009 7:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK..saves the cash floe ..the piggt bank is full and I'm gonna buy that arch top...just confused about the amp I want.

1/09/2009 8:40 p.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Best little amp I've seen is the Peavey Delta Blues....

Blows any comparably priced fender completely out of the band hall .. more power... better tone... built to last.

I know lots of people like to badmouth Peavey ... but I speak from experience.

1/09/2009 9:08 p.m.  
Blogger Lost Johnny said...

Sorry OMMAG, but Redux if ya got the extra cash put it on a Mesa Boogie.

Everything else is just fluff in comparison...

1/09/2009 9:40 p.m.  
Blogger Lost Johnny said...

I've owned both tube and solid state Marshalls, Fender Twin Reverb (my favorite tube amp, i still wanna cut myself for giving it up), and a solid state Crate (crap).

Currently have a solid state Gorilla (12 watter and the first amp I ever bought - some 25 years ago now), and a broken Garnet.

I rented a Boogie for a month after I saw a guy in a local club mic up a 15 watt combo, it was was the most versatile amp I ever played through. Too bad I lost my job and couldn't keep it.

On the flip side, the band teacher at my school swears by Peaveys, mostly because his department is monetarily challenged....

1/09/2009 9:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Ibanez Ergodyne bass looks wicked. Play with passion my friend.
-Larry

1/09/2009 11:12 p.m.  
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

i gotta git out my geetar dude!! :)..go vote for me eh?..lol

1/10/2009 5:11 p.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Sure Angel ... every day.

1/11/2009 5:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home