Friday, September 18, 2009

Just Because It's Friday!

Well ... the annual Flatlander's beer Fest is on tonight..... and I am tempted to go.

But after last years experience I have to say that I'll give it a miss.

Too little opportunity to really get the feel and sense of what each is about. Dinky little sampling glasses and no food to match anything with.

I'll be looking around for folks who went to see if anything improved over last year's effort by the MLC.

Too much involvement by Manitoba Liquor Marts and not enough effort by the guys who bring the products.

The exception of course Half Pints Brewing who made a real effort last year to show off not just the regular menu but some of their very special brews.
Although according to the publicity... this year it's only one seasonal and the regular offerings:

Half Pints Brewing Bulldog Amber Ale Canada - MB Ale
Half Pints Brewing Oktoberfest Lager Canada - MB Lager (Seasonal)
Half Pints Brewing St James Pale Ale Canada - MB Ale
Half Pints Brewing Stir Stick Stout Canada - MB Stout

I've got a Little Scrapper IPA on the go right now .... so CHEERS!


So if you're around town and head out to the Covention Center between 7 and 10 pm let me know how it worked out!

In the meantime .... There's Friday Night Blues at Friday Night Blues Podcast over at DMB




Beer Test:
Find the Little Scrapper review!


OMMAG

Labels: , , ,

Link

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish they did the beer festival the same way they do the wine festival--you pay more, $40, but you have 3 hours to have unlimited samples. The food, though, they don't do at the wine festival. Well, except for bread.
-Johann

9/18/2009 6:37 p.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

I've heard that about the Wine Fest.

I think they should let the Vendors sell their wares as they see fit.

I'm sure it would make for a much better event.

9/18/2009 8:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home