Friday, May 09, 2008

Friday's Beer !

After last Friday night and the visit from Shere Khan we had made a significant dent in my collection!
This
This
This
This
This
This too!

AND I'm pretty sure we had a few FG's as well....... Sheesh!

Anyway ...I did have to get over to the store and pick up a couple of new items. And so it is that I am re-acquainting myself with an old favorite from years ago when a bunch of friends returned from Poland with .....
ZYWIEC ....
The best beer I've ever had from Poland!

In 500ml Bottle at 5.5% abv this is a decent example of European domestic mass produced beer.


Always reminds me of good times and good people to share them with. And that makes me biased by things other than just the qualities of this beverage. I like it .... but there are other opinions :

Beer Advocate
Good Beer Blog

This golden clear lager pours with a nice white head that settles out very quickly.
The aroma is grassy and hoppy with a tinge of lemon and just a slight hint of malts and yeast.
The body in the glass is very clear and has a good effervescence that keeps everything lively.
The flavours are just slightly floral and bitter hops and a touch of malt. It feels refreshing on the tongue and finishes with a nice aftertaste that leaves me looking for another.

If your looking for something different she's well worth the time!

Save this one for a day when you're having more than a couple ..... a nice warm day when you can appreciated the effect of a well iced lager.

And of course no matter what your drinking tonight ..... Check out DustMyBroom dot com for Darcey's picks of Blues and Brews .... eh!

Cheers!

OMMAG

BTW - Pronounce it Like this --- Zhiv - EeYets !!
Although the name in German is ---- Say Bush ---- !
And back in the day I liked to call em' "Jetskis"
Stolat!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

L'Chaim!..and enjoy the weekend my friend!!

5/09/2008 5:36 p.m.  
Blogger OMMAG said...

And to you Angel!

5/09/2008 6:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home